Notable Bitcoin Historical Events
In Bitcoin, 2009 is the starting year of the Blockchain historical transaction record.
- 2008-08-18: Satoshi Nakamoto registers bitcoin.org
- 2008-08-22: Satoshi Nakamoto emails Wei Dai on the recommendation of Adam Back.
- 2008-10-31: Satoshi Nakamoto publishes the Bitcoin White Paper to the mailing list
- 2008-11-09: Bitcoin repository registered on SourceForce
- 2009-01-03: Blockchain is started with the genesis block
- 2009-01-09: The Blockchain is open to the public with the release of Bitcoin v0.1
- 2009-01-11: Hal Finney becomes the first known Bitcoin miner, after Satoshi
- 2009-01-12: Satoshi sends Hal Finney the first non-block-reward transaction
- 2009-12-12: Satoshi releases the first Bitcoin update: v0.2
- 2009-12-30: The mining difficulty rises for the first time due to increased mining competition
- 2010-02-06: The first fiat exchange: "Bitcoin Market" is launched
- 2010-04-14: The first Bitcoin Wiki is started by Martti Malmi
- 2010-05-22: Laszlo Hanyecz makes the first public purchase by exchanging ten thousand bitcoins for two pizzas.
- 2010-07-07: Satoshi releases Bitcoin v0.3
- 2010-07-11: A story about Bitcoin is first posted to Slashdot
- 2010-07-17: MTGox is launched by Jed McCaleb, the value of a single Bitcoin rises over $0.01 for the first time.
- 2010-08-15: A bug in the Bitcoin codebase results in the unintended creation of 184 billion Bitcoins. The bug is corrected via a soft fork within 12 hours.
- 2010-11-06: The market cap of Bitcoin exceeds one million dollars for the first time
- 2010-12-13: Satoshi disappears from BitcoinTalk
- 2010-12-15: Mark Karpelès takes over the Bitcoin Wiki
- 2010-12-16: The first mining pool: Bitcoin Pooled Mining, also known as Slush Pool, becomes the first mining pool to mine a block
- 2011-01-28: Bitcoin passes the 25% coins distributed milestone.
- 2011-03-01: MTGox is sold to Mark Karpelès
- 2012-11-28: The block subsidy is cut in half
- 2014-04-08: Gavin steps away from Bitcoin Core